Have you noticed how vacation sex can spice up your sex life without you putting in much effort? (A vacation without kids, that is. If it’s with kids, forget it!) It’s really amazing what a little escape can do to reinvigorate your libido!
Try something new and novel together.
Vacation sex can help spice up your sex life in so many ways. When you’re on an "adults-only" vacation, you get to escape from the cute (mostly) but constant kid questions and you can break free from the other responsibilities of home, work, and family. Without these responsibilities weighing you down and stressing you out, you and your partner have more time and more mental space for intimacy. You can lose your inhibitions without the kids around and you can share new experiences. The novelty and adventure of exploring new places and a change in routine can help amp up the intimacy in your relationship. And did I mention you don’t have kids wanting something to eat every other minute?
While the prospect of great vacation sex in itself can be a turn-on, putting too much pressure on yourself to have a perfect time together can be a downer. If you want to spice up your sex life while on holiday, keep an open mind, an open heart and whatever happens (traveler’s tummy or a painful period) just go with the flow – a relaxing vacation will do wonders for your sex life in general.
So if you want to make the most of your vacation to spice up your sex life here are our top tips:
- Pack sexy – everything from risqué lingerie to seductive make-up
- Enjoy a few romantic sundowners – but not too many or else it will be downhill from there
- Have a clothing-optional policy while you are in the hotel room – or take it a step further and go skinny dipping in a secluded pool or hot tub
- Speaking about getting wet and wild with your partner, sharing the more mundane tasks can become part of your foreplay such as having a shower or bath together
- Indulge in your passion whenever and wherever the mood strikes – a quickie can be fun, exciting, and exhilarating. Even if it doesn’t completely satisfy your needs it is great for getting you and your partner ready for some fun later on
- But also spend time on setting the mood – turn down the lights, light candles or a fire, get cozy with each other, talk to each other, kiss passionately, and put on some sultry music – take things slow
- Pamper yourselves with some oils, a massage or a day at the spa together
- You can also use this time to spoil yourselves – read more (the Kama sutra is the perfect read to spice up your sex life), spend a whole day in bed together, or play out some of your fantasies
- The great thing about going on vacation is that nobody knows you and you can become somebody completely different or do things that you normally wouldn’t – role-play while on holiday and take advantage of being alone by being as wild and loud as you like
- Meal times can be exciting too. If you go out for dinner, dress up and make a date out of it. If you prefer to stay in and order room service, you won’t have to get out of your bathrobes while trying out new foods and feeding each other.
- Forget about technology and communicating with work or home (unless it is absolutely necessary) – this is time to spend with your partner and none of the usual distractions that get in the way of your relationship and sex life
However, the most important thing to remember about vacation sex is that it doesn’t have to take going somewhere exotic or different to spice up your sex life – you can do it in the comfort of your own town or home. Send the kids to the grandparents or put them to bed early. Try something new and novel together. Don’t wait for exciting sex to happen just once a year; try to incorporate the things that make vacation sex so good into your every day sex life.